Some files crashing AW on Windows XP at my school

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Some files crashing AW on Windows XP at my school

Postby dillont » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi folks
When I go to open some of my files on the Windows systems on which my educational institution is based, Oft times AW 6.2 simply closes (crashes)...the files open fine on my macs, but not on the windows PCs for some reason...BUG?
And it is not all the files, just some, and I do not see any patter as to size, graphics, what have you...it just happens.
Tom
dillont

Re: Some files crashing AW on Windows XP at my school

Postby lokerd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 am

dillont wrote:Hi folks
When I go to open some of my files on the Windows systems on which my educational institution is based, Oft times AW 6.2 simply closes (crashes)...the files open fine on my macs, but not on the windows PCs for some reason...BUG?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having the problem for the last two years. I have always just dealt with this...and is ONE of the reasons I still have two Macs at my desk. But I need my students to open a database next week from their PCs, but it just isn't working.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks!
Drew
lokerd

Re: Some files crashing AW on Windows XP at my school

Postby dillont » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:45 pm

No, b'y. No solution as of yet...many simple files open well, but it is when I get complicated ones that the troubles begin. I think it might be something to do with the Windows XP we now have at school, but I am not sure.
Sorry

Tom

lokerd wrote:
dillont wrote:Hi folks

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having the problem for the last two years. I have always just dealt with this...and is ONE of the reasons I still have two Macs at my desk. But I need my students to open a database next week from their PCs, but it just isn't working.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks!
Drew
dillont

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo