Password Problem

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Password Problem

Postby dongro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Cannot upgrade software because PASSWORD is rejected on iMac. However, password not rejected on iBook. How can I either find out what my password is on iMac, or change it? Also, when password is rejected, hint reminds me what my password is, which is what I put in.
dongro

Re: Password Problem

Postby Barry » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:28 pm

dongro wrote:Cannot upgrade software because PASSWORD is rejected on iMac. However, password not rejected on iBook. How can I either find out what my password is on iMac, or change it? Also, when password is rejected, hint reminds me what my password is, which is what I put in.

Hi dongro,

This is a forum for AppleWorks ideas and issues, not for general Macintosh issues. (But occasionally it does deal with off topic issues like this one.)

You can reset the password using your original Mac OS X installation disk. Insert the disk, then restart the computer. Press and hold the C key until you see the OS X startup screen.

When you get to the Install screen, go to the menus and find "Change password" (or a similar menu item).

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo