Line spacing in Pages

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Line spacing in Pages

Postby agyth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:12 pm

I Copied and Pasted a document into a page with 3 columns. The line spacing was slightly erratic in that some - just a few - lines were very obviously closer to each other than the majority of lines. I used the Inspector Line Spacing thingy to correct this but it was impossible to get columns of exactly the same length even when I 'cheated' and typed in line spacing to 2 decimal places (it refused 3). Is this just my problem or a problem with Pages? If the latter, then Apple needs to get it sorted.
agyth

Re: Line spacing in Pages

Postby railroaded » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:14 pm

agyth wrote:I Copied and Pasted a document into a page with 3 columns. The line spacing was slightly erratic in that some - just a few - lines were very obviously closer to each other than the majority of lines. I used the Inspector Line Spacing thingy to correct this but it was impossible to get columns of exactly the same length even when I 'cheated' and typed in line spacing to 2 decimal places (it refused 3). Is this just my problem or a problem with Pages? If the latter, then Apple needs to get it sorted.

I just completed my first Pages project and my major problem was spacing. Most type was size 9, but I adjusted the line spacing for the paragraph breaks to .4 in order to conserve space. This of course put my columns off which wasn't a big problem for me. However adjusting the spacing of layout/section breaks was very difficult. Does anyone have a guide to spacing in Pages? Between the problem you report and the ones I had, it seems that spacing is an area that needs some research or improvement.
railroaded

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo