Default Colour

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Default Colour

Postby lambchop » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:25 am

Can anyone please tell me how I can change the defualt text colour in Appleworks. I have no trouble in changing text colour in individual documents, but I would really like to change the default colour for all word processing documents.
lambchop

Re: Default Colour

Postby Bernie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:54 pm

The method is practically the same, whether you are using AppleWorks 5 or 6. You create a blank WP document having all the properties you desire (including text colour) and then save it as a template, as follows:
1. Select the File > Save As... menu;
2. Click the Stationary button (in AppleWorks 5) or the Template button (in AppleWorks 6);
3. Name the document "AppleWorks WP Options" (in 5) or apparently whatever you like (in 6).

These templates are available when you wish to create a new document having the specified properties.
Bernie

Postby Peggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Bernie wrote:Name the document "AppleWorks WP Options" (in 5) or apparently whatever you like (in 6).

No, in AppleWorks 6, default documents still must be named "AppleWorks WP Options" (replacing the two-letter designation for WP for other file types.
Peggy

Postby Barry » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Bernie wrote:The method is practically the same, whether you are using AppleWorks 5 or 6. You create a blank WP document having all the properties you desire (including text colour) and then save it as a template, as follows:
1. Select the File > Save As... menu;
2. Click the Stationary button (in AppleWorks 5) or the Template button (in AppleWorks 6);
3. Name the document "AppleWorks WP Options" (in 5) or apparently whatever you like (in 6).

These templates are available when you wish to create a new document having the specified properties.

The template can be named "whatever you like" in either AppleWorks 5 or AppleWorks 6, and will be "available when you wish to create a new document having the specified properties." But if you name it "Fushia Text" or anything other than "AppleWorks WO Options" you will need to choose this particular template in Starting Points to get the specified properties.

If it is named "AppleWorks WP Options" the template becomes the default document automatically used by AppleWorks for any NEW word processor document created by:
clicking the word processor button in the button bar, or
clicking the Word Processor button in Starting points's Basic tab, or
pressing command-N (if that;s set to create a WP document), or
by choosing File > New > New word processor document.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo