Exporting Pages in iwork 08

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Exporting Pages in iwork 08

Postby jaywise » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 am

I have a large document with pictures and graphics that I want to be able to email for a proof, and then post as a link on a web page.

When I go to Export - good quality PDF, I'm expecting the 35mb file to go to less than 1mb (I did get it to work once, all the way down to 520k). Now, the good quality PDF shows up as 35mb.

Suggestions?
jaywise

Re: Exporting Pages in iwork 08

Postby Peggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm

jaywise wrote:I have a large document with pictures and graphics that I want to be able to email for a proof, and then post as a link on a web page.

When I go to Export - good quality PDF, I'm expecting the 35mb file to go to less than 1mb (I did get it to work once, all the way down to 520k). Now, the good quality PDF shows up as 35mb.

Suggestions?

Because Pages keeps the original, full-size, graphics/images in its package, it's best to pre-process images to close to the final size before importing into your Pages document. I use GraphicConverter, but you can use any image editor including Preview, Photoshop Elements, etc. This will help reduce the size of the Pages document &, therefore, a PDF created.
Peggy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo